One thing that nobody can have control or power over is the weather. Sometimes weather can be unpredictable; One minute it is sunny and in the second minute it becomes cloudy and rainy. Unpredictable change in weather or we can say rain weather is a big problem when it comes to moving house from one place to another. The sudden arrival of rain before house moving or during the removal process causes nervousness and tension, what to do now?
It is quite difficult to cope with the bad weather while moving house and office both. But you can’t always have the luxury оf making an alternative. Since many people start preparing a month before the move, they can’t be sure whether they’ll luck out with a nice and sunny moving day. Or if they would be met with stormy, grumpy weather.
But you don’t have to be stressed, as it is not any solution, there is always a way to move out. So, the foremost thing that anyone could do is to prepare as best they can. If you already hired professional house removalists services from a certified moving company like A Class Movers in Adelaide, then moving house in rain or bad weather will not be a that big issue.
At the time of rain professional movers are expert in protecting your belongings from water or from getting them wet. The most essential part of moving is to stay well informed. For this purpose, A Class Movers will provide you with the best reliable tips for moving house in the rainy weather.
Start Early And Do Waterproof Packing For Moving House In Rain
Packing has to begin at least two weeks before the moving date. No matter what the weather should be on a moving day, your stuff has to be neatly packed and ready for delivery. This includes utility boxes, large cardboard boxes, moving blankets, strong tape, labels, bubble wrap, stretch wrap, waterproof markers, air pillows or packing peanuts, and anything else you can think of for additional protection of your items.
Never leave a moving box open, no matter what it may contain. Also, fill all gaps of boxes with crumpled paper or spare clothes. The snuggly the items are, the more they are better inside a box. Also, if you don’t believe in cardboard boxes, you can always opt for plastic or even laminated ones.
You can buy these packaging materials from your nearby supermarket or if you don’t want to take the stress of packing then you hire professional packers also. They will help you to protect your goods and household electronics appliances from rain and moisture. If you’re not hiring professionals to assist you in packing, then there are few important tips for preparing and packing your goods:
- Always label the moving boxes: list what is its inside, put a sticker if it is fragile, paste a sticker if it’s critical for the item not to get wet, put a label to indicate which side is up
- Wrap and pack the artwork and antiques in the plastic wrap and bubble wrap
- Pack stacks of hanging clothes in plastic bags to keep them away from getting wet
- Pack furniture in moving blankets so it doesn’t get scratches, then wrap them with strong tape, so that the blankets stay in place; finally, use plastic wrap to protect them from the rain
- Give good packing to the electronics of your home as these are the most valuable items and rain or wetness can cause huge damage to its functionality
- Wrap or pack cardboard boxes with lots of tapes to make sure their durability, then wrap with stretch or plastic wrap to protect them from moisture
- The most important item to stay dry at all costs is the mattress – pack your mattress properly with bubble wrap and plastic wrap and secure it with lots of strong tapes
- All documents, money, and jewellery should be with you at all times in a plastic sealed bag
- Regardless of how many precautions you are taking to keep your house mud-free, it will get dirty. So, ensure to have a labelled box of cleaning supplies closeby
- Park closer to the entrance of the building, so that your belongings do not get wet while unloading
Keep This Points In Mind For Moving House In Rain
House moving in bad weather or rain will become easy when you follow some expert tips and tricks to safeguard your family and your valuable household belongings and furniture. Just stick to our practical tips for moving house in the rain and you will stay dry and safe throughout the whole moving process.
- Check The Weather Report: Check the weather forecast every day during the last week before the relocation. This will give you much time to make some additional preparations. Compare the forecast of two or more weather websites just to be sure.
- Don’t Panic: No matter if you are hiring a moving company, or if you’re doing the move yourself, a sudden rain typically slows down any plans you might have for the moving day. So, expect delays, and try to keep calm.
- Must Buy Insurance: It is the best thing you can have when your relocation takes place during risky weather. The instances of something being dropped or smashed during such a scenario can rise dramatically. The possibility of a family member getting injured is also increased. Insurance will be expensive, but investing in it will protect you and your goods from a lot of damage and will give you some peace of mind.
- Protect Your Family: The safety of your family is of utmost importance. Wait out to see if the rain is going along with thunder and lightning. Thunderstorms are more dangerous when you have to drag large metal items. Even if you are late, wait for the thunderstorm to pass before proceeding with the relocation.
- Take All The Protection Measures: Since you’ll be pulling heavy items, it is good to wear hand gloves so you don’t injure your hands. Additionally, you’ll require a raincoat and rubber boots to keep yourself dry and to avoid slipping and injuries.
- Avoid Mud And Dirt: Make a way of cardboard or old blankets from your inner room to your truck and walk on it. Not only will these stop slipping accidents, but you also won’t have to track mud into the house, either. It is also a good idea to hose some of the mud away from the front yard to make sure your safety. This should also be done when unloading your stuff into the new house.
- Check Everything Before Leaving: Before locking the door of your house and boarding your car, give your house a final check. Ensure that nothing is leaking and that the power supply is cut off. Storms can be unpredictable. Also, check that your goods are loaded correctly into the truck and they will not be spoiled by the rain.
- Drive Carefully: Everyone knows not to drive in a serious condition or in bad weather, but here you also have to think about the state of the road. If the rain is too heavy, then drive slowly and cautiously. Do not be in a hurry, many accidents occur when people are too impatient to reach their destination. To avoid that, ensure that the move is your only work for the day in the rain.
Take Help From The Professional House Movers
If you are expecting that there will be showers on your relocation date or if you are moving during the rainy season, you can hire the services of a professional moving company. Certified and expert house and furniture removalists companies like A Class Movers will help you prepare your belongings or stuff for safe and damage-free delivery during the rainy or stormy weather.
They have the technical know-how and quality packing materials that are required to keep your items dry and safe in the rain. You can rely on their expertise and experience to take care of your belongings in the best possible way during your move.
Benefits Of Hiring Professional House Removalists For Moving Home In Rain
Experience: The most important reason behind hiring a moving company is that they are experienced and have expertise in their field. We do not have experience or knowledge of moving a house or business in the rain or bad weather every day but professional removalists have good experience of moving things safely in all types of weather.
Expert Packing: The house movers are expert packers. They can wrap and pack everything very carefully and strongly to protect it from any kind of damage or spoilage. Professional packers carry their own packing material, so you will not have to buy anything for packaging.
They use well built laminated moving boxes or waterproof boxes to pack your belongings in. Purpose-built moving boxes are constructed to be long-lasting through any weather conditions whether it’s rain or shine. Professional packers are not afraid to use a lot of tapes to securely seal moving boxes.
Well-Maintained Moving Trucks: A moving vehicle is the most important thing for the safe and secure relocation of goods. Moving companies have all size moving vans and trucks equipped with all the necessary safety resources. They provide you with a clean and well-maintained vehicle that will be closely packed during the rain. They load all the goods and cover them with plastic air pillows and plastic sheets to protect them from jerks and showers of rain.
Safe House Cleaning: Cleaning is important before and after the house move, and it becomes more important when moving house in rain. It is good to hire or customize cleaning services also from your moving company to make the new location perfect for living.
Rain and moisture can cause germs and fungus which is not good for the health of your family. Deep house cleaning from professional cleaners can make your new house germ free and help you to settle the goods in a clean place. They will thoroughly clean each corner of your house and sanitize everything properly.
Moving house in the rain can be a big challenge, but by following the tips given above, much of those troubles can be reduced. You should not feel bad, just because the weather instantly changed on your move day. Cheer up!! Your move can still be done seamlessly with A Class Movers – The professional Packers and Movers in Adelaide. A Class Movers provides the best moving house in Adelaide at a reasonable rate.
To know more about our services and essential tips-
Call us on – 1800 849 008 OR
Send Email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Common Questions asked from the Adelaide Removalists Choosing a house removals company can be an important decision, one that can finally decide your moving day experience. Moving house is a stressful job, and your house removalist should be on support to help...
Relocating from one place to another, be it for your commercial or personal reasons, is an exhausting and tiring job. Sometimes, people forget to take care of some important factors which lead to several mistakes during the relocation. These mistakes make the entire...
Never take the process of relocation lightly, whether you are moving short or long-distance. It is considered one of the most stressful tasks in the world, especially when a person is doing it by himself for the first time. But you need some extra strong arms and...